Painting Project Roundup…get your inspiration here!

It’s no secret that I adore paint…the way it can transform something never ceases to amaze me. I’ve done a lot of painting projects over the years, and I want to help you feel inspired to take on some painting of your own.

So, here’s a visual collection of some of the painting work I’ve done. Browse through, and then go pick up some paint!

(You can click on the title or on the picture itself.)

Painted Goodwill Frames

White Craig’s List Bed

Goodwill find+paint=necklace hanger

Spray-Painted Goodwill Pot

Goodwill bulletin board

Goodwill Nightstands

Highboy Dresser from Freecycle

White Freecycle Nightstand, the first

White Freecycle Nightstand, the second

Freecycle dresser

And since by now you’re probably wondering about these two things:

Here’s how freecycle works.

And here’s how to paint wooden furniture.

Comments

1. Molly says

I was inspired by you to try painting a wooden trunk I got from Craigslist.

Turns out, I hate painting.

I’m glad I’m allowed to admire your projects and not feel any pressure to do it myself! I think I’ll keep my great wooden desk (also CL) with its shoe polish marks and dings just like so. :-)

2. Kathy M says

So inspirational. After reading about your and Katy’s projects, I decided to try one myself. I painted two white wicker chairs a paprika color. What fun! Gave me enough confidence that I may try something new in the future.

• Kathy M says

I used a Rustoleum paint called double coat or 2x or something like that. It was so easy. I had cleaned the wicker then just painted. One coat and done. I am very happy with the outcome. It actually became a fun project. They ended up on the front porch of my condo. I hung some pictures on the walls, put out a beautiful, painted mat that had been in my kitchen and plants and flower boxes to complete my “outdoor room”. Sure expanded the space of my small home. Thanks to you both for the continual inspiration and motivation.

3. Annie Miller says

Great collection of painting roundup. I love the different styles and ideas imbibed in this collection. Thank you for sharing.

4. Sherry says

Hi Kristen,
    I saw that painting your cabinets is on your bucket list. Did you do it yet? And if you did, can you give details? If not, when you do start would you document step by step process. I want to paint mine, as they are UGLY.. But, they have a glossy finish and not sure how to begin.
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Sherry

• Kristen says

Well, I just made the list a few days ago, so nope, haven’t gotten it done yet! I will be sure to blog about it when I do, though.