1. I bought a round mirror on FB Marketplace
I’d been wanting a round mirror to hang in my office because the walls are awfully empty in here.
And when I don’t know what to do with a wall, I usually buy a mirror. Or a clock.Ha.
Even at Target, these things sell for $70, and at a lot of other places, they are $150 or more.
That was a little steep for me, so I looked on Facebook Marketplace and found one for $15. Yay!
Now I just need to pop by Home Depot to get a hanger for it.
2. I got $15 worth of bagels for almost free
Zoe really likes Panera’s cinnamon crunch bagels, so on her birthday, I stopped in and redeemed a $15 Panera reward and paid $0.96 for ten bagels.
I don’t really know how I got the $15 reward, but it was in my app. Sweet.
3. I got free cream cheese and marked-down rice cakes at Safeway
Safeway is expensive, yes, but sometimes I get good deals there!
I had a reward in my app for free cream cheese, and of course, while I was in the store, I took a glance at the mark-down rack and found a bag of chocolate rice cakes marked down to $1.50.
I also noticed that the Safeway brand of butter was $3.49/pound, which is actually a good price at this point in time! Of late, it’s been more expensive than that even at Sam’s Club and Aldi.
4. I inadvertently got a discount on a ski rental
I don’t deserve credit for this, but it did save me money!
I rented skis and boots for four days, and unbeknownst to me, you get the fourth day free.
Then when I was checking out, the guy said, “Are you staying at the Marriott resort nearby? Because that can get you 10% off.”
I said, “I’m staying at a condo further up the mountain, so nope!”
And he said, “Actually, I heard you say yes. Here’s 10% off.”
So I just said, “Thank you.” 🙂
And I didn’t feel guilty because it’s not like I lied! I told him exactly where I was staying.
5. I did a post-trip food rescue
I took inventory of the food situation yesterday for the first time since getting home, and I:
- made a pot of this butternut squash soup to use up a huge squash with a bad spot
- refreshed some Romaine lettuce in cold water
- sliced up a cucumber
- sauteed and froze some bendable celery
- froze some slightly “off” heavy cream to add to bread the next time I make a batch