I’m here at the end of my cash-only grocery spending experiment. How did I do?
I spent $48.85 at Aldi, and I spent $44.68 at Weis, for a total of $93.53.
Soo, I’m all done grocery shopping for the month of November, and I have $18.34 left in my envelope. I’m pretty tickled about that, and while I don’t know if using cash is the reason that I stayed under budget, I think I’m going to give the cash system another try this month.
Here’s what I bought with my cash. 🙂
I was pleased that I was able to stock up on boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I was completely out, soI bought two large packs on sale) and grapefruit (I have 10 pounds of grapefruit right now!).
Breakfast this week will be yogurt, oatmeal, muffins, cold cereal, and maybe some granola if I manage to find the time to make it.
Lunches will be yogurt smoothies or yogurt, bread/sandwiches, fruit, and leftovers when necessary.
- Thin Crust Pizza
- green salad
- San Remo Seafood Dip
- mini loaves of French bread (for dipping)
- raw veggies
- Cream of Crab Soup (can you tell I am using my splurge-purchase crab meat this week??)
- French bread
- green salad
- Tropical Island Chicken
- grilled vegetables (onions, peppers, and zucchini)
- some misc. bread that needs to be used up
- BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- homemade buns (still working on the imitation Fuddrucker’s buns!)
- green beans
- Swiss Mushroom Chicken
- toasted, buttered buns (I’ll make extra on Wednesday)
- whatever vegetables need to be used by then
- Grilled bratwurst on buns
- chips, veggies, and dip
- fruit salad