Here’s what’s been goin’ on!
-I took all the doors off of my cabinets. This took about 45 minutes or so, and that was with me working super fast, using a drill.
Without a drill, I shudder to think how long this process would have taken!
Having all the doors off is driving me crazy. I keep feeling like I need to go around shutting doors, but there are none to shut.
The good part about this is that it is keeping me motivated to press on. I am sooo not letting this drag on for months.
With all the doors off, I was able to work on filling the holes from the old hardware.
I’m just using a lightweight spackle for this.
My cabinets have also got some gouges in them, and I figured this was as good a time as any to address those.
During this process, I remembered another reason I wanted to paint these…the cabinets don’t really match each other.
It’s like that all over the kitchen.
I’m not painting the inside of my cabinets, at least not for now, but I’m making an exception for the under-sink cabinet. It’s in pretty dreadful shape, with some water damage, so I’m going to sand it down and paint it.
The next update I share with you should have some more exciting photos…like white painted things!
Joshua’s 365 post: I’m back!