On Saturdays, I share my menu plan for the upcoming week along with a photo of my groceries and a tally of my spending. My goal is to spend $100/week for our food, toiletries, and cleaning products. I’m currently in the midst of trying to buy more local, sustainably-produced food while sticking to my budget. Can it be done? I don’t know, but I’m going to try, and I’ll share what I learn as I go along.
I haven’t done one of these posts in what seems like a really long while!
And I haven’t posted a picture of my groceries in an even longer while.
That’s really a partial picture…I put my shrimp and fish and dairy products away before I managed to snap a picture.
Speaking of my shrimp…
Weis has a policy that states if a product doesn’t ring up at the sale price, you get the item free, up to $10. Well, my bag of shrimp rang up at the wrong price, so I got two pounds of 31/40 raw shrimp for a total of $6.98. Sweet.
As far as my spending goes, I can tell you that I spent $81.88 at Aldi, and $21 at the organic store (for the packaging-free chicken, some nitrate-free bacon, and some cilantro), but I cannot locate my Weis receipt at the moment. I’m not entirely sure where I put it after I got my $10 price adjustment at the customer service desk.
If I find it, I’ll update this post!
- Pizza. I think I’m going to try a new Cook’s recipe. I’ll let you know how it comes out!
- Snacky stuff…crackers, veggies, dip, popcorn, fruit and fruit dip, etc.
- Asian Meatballs and rice (trying a new recipe from AllYou magazine
- grapefruit halves (they were $0.35 apiece this week at Aldi!)
- Chicken Parmesan Risotto
- green salad
- garlic breadsticks
- Shrimp Burgers (a new recipe from Cook’s Illustrated)
- veggie chips
- green beans
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Cheese bread
- green salad (don’t you love my uber-traditional accompaniments to Chicken Teriyaki??)
- Takeout date night for Mr. FG and me, something easy for the kiddos
Have a lovely Saturday, and check back here tomorrow because I’m going to give away 5 Seeds cds!
Today’s 365 post: I replaced this with something from Goodwill…