This is the list of things that I’d like to do this summer…some work and some fun, because all work is no good and all fun isn’t really all that fabulous either.
These are going to be in no particular order, except the order in which they came to mind.
1. Declutter the house from top to bottom, one room at a time.
2. Go swimming or have waterplay (sprinkler, slip n slide) more than once a week.
(I’m usually pretty good about once a week, but not more than that.)
3. Arrange sleepovers, since this is easier to do in the summer.
4. Make homemade slushies with the kids.
5. Visit the library at least every other week.
6. Go camping again (since our new air mattress was so comfy!)
7. Write an ebook about keeping Christmas simple.
8. Order school curriculum for the coming school year.
9. Make a fire in our backyard fire pit and roast marshmallows over it.
10. Sell/give away the extra electronic junk we have in our office.
11. Teach Zoe to ride her bike without training wheels.
12. Figure out a new chore assignment plan for the kids now that Sonia and Zoe are old enough to do more around the house. Must delegate more.
13. Write a letter to my grandpa each month (he doesn’t have the internet, so I have to do this the old-fashioned way.)
14. Visit Mr. FG’s grandma and go for a swim in her rooftop pool (we keep wanting to do this but it’s never worked out so far!)
15. Make a spur-of-the-moment trip to go get ice cream cones.
16. Eat breakfast at the pier.
17. Visit a pick-your-own farm.
18. Maaaaybe paint my kitchen cabinets. Still hemming and hawing on this one.
19. Tackle my pile of clothes that need to be mended/modified/dyed.
20. Get outside to enjoy lovely summer evenings.
I’ll keep you posted about how I do on my list.
Have you made a summer bucket list this year? If you blogged your list, feel free to leave a link in the comments.