On Saturdays, I share my menu plan for the upcoming week along with a photo of my groceries and a tally of my spending. My goal is to spend $100/week for our food, toiletries, and cleaning products. I’m currently in the midst of trying to buy more local, sustainably-produced food while sticking to my budget. Can it be done? I don’t know, but I’m going to try, and I’ll share what I learn as I go along.
I visited Weis and Aldi this week, and I actually took a photo of my groceries for the first time in a really long while!
I spent $36.62 at Aldi and $53.50 at Weis, for a total of $90.12. I plan to stop by the produce stand today for some vegetables, so I’ve got almost $10 left to spend there. Also, we’re eating some free local food…I’m still getting tomatoes from my backyard plants, and my mom gave me a big bag of winter squash.
Here’s what we’re eating for dinner this week.
- Pizza. I had plans to make Deep Dish Pizza but with the way my day is stacking up, I think I might delegate the pizza making to a pizza shop down the road.
Sunday (We’re having several families from church over, so no breakfast for dinner this week!)
- Tortellini Soup (which I’m making)
- Salad (one friend is bringing this)
- Bread (another friend is bringing this)
- Sloppy Joes on homemade buns
- steamed broccoli
- Corn Chowder
- Two-Tone Bread
- green beans
- Baked Chicken and Rice
- green salad
- some kind of rolls, maybe
- Deep Dish Pizza
- green salad
Today’s 365 post: Oh look! I’m baking cookies.