(excuse the black spider…Joshua put him on top of the chicken just as I was taking the picture. Boys!)
Since the February grocery challenge is over, I splurged on a couple of things this week. Crabmeat was on sale, so I decided to make crab soup. Plus, Aldi had triangles of Parmesan and Asiago cheese, so I’m going to use some of the crabmeat to make a seafood dip, which has Parmesan and Asiago in it. Oh, and I’m also using some of the cheese to make Parmesan Crusted Chicken(something I don’t make often because Parmesan is usually expensive).
Happily, despite these splurges I’m only a bit over $80 for this week. I spent $39.76 at Weis and $45.51 at Aldi, so my total spending was $85.27.
By the way, the reason I didn’t buy a whole lot of veggies this week is that we didn’t end up using all of ours from last week. That’s because we brought home a big container of green salad from last week’s birthday party, and we were busy eating that up before it went bad. Soo, we have some catching up to do on the veggie front…hopefully we can eat it all before it’s too late.
- Believe it or not, we have another birthday get-together(!) to go to. I think this is the last for a little while. I’m bringing bread(shocking, I know).
- French Toast
- maybe some sausage
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken(a Cook’s Illustrated recipe)
- green salad
- Grilled hamburgers on homemade buns
- potato cubes (I follow this recipe, except that I leave the cilantro out)
- fruit salad
- Grilled Tropical Island Chicken (I’m just using chicken breasts instead of the whole chickens. This is the marinade I use when I make Hibachi Chicken.)
- grilled vegetables(red peppers, zucchini, and onions)
- french bread
- French Bread Pizza(made with french bread from Wednesday’s dinner)
- green salad
- Cream of Crab soup
- garlic breadsticks
- I’m unsure of our veggie/fruit side…it’ll depend on what’s on sale next week