I spent $42.85 at Aldi. My big ticket item there was a three pound boneless ham…it was marked $2 off, and I figured that we could get several meals out it.
And, at Weis I spent a mere $29.12.
Grapes were on sale for $.88 a pound at Safeway, so I stopped in there and picked up several pounds for $4. $.88 a pound is an awesome price!
So, all told, I’m at $75.97, a few dollars under my $80/week goal for February. I’m super happy about that, especially because I bought a ham and two large packs of chicken pieces that aren’t even on this week’s menu…they’re for next week. So, I should have no problem staying at or under $80 next week either.
Here’s what I’m cooking thing week with my cheap groceries.
- Ham sandwiches(on homemade rolls, naturally)
- purple grapes
- potato chips
- fried cornmeal mush
- Arepas with a chicken, lime, and cilantro filling
- maybe some chips if there are any left by Monday
- Beanless Chili(because my husband was sick last week, we had chicken noodle soup instead of this. Soo, it got bumped!)
- Chicken and Shrimp fajitas with grilled peppers and onions
- fruit salad
- I know! On a Thursday???? That’s because…….
- ….on Friday, the husband and I are having our annual Valentine’s Day seafood takeout dinner(we send the kids to their bedrooms to play quietly and we pretend we are eating all by ourselves). And yes, I know that Friday is most certainly not Valentine’s Day, but we like to do this a day early to avoid the rush at the seafood place. And yes, I know that a seafood takeout dinner is not at all frugal, but sometimes a girl just has to splurge.