1. I contacted Target about a missing $5 gift card
I’d bought at least $20 of personal care items, which should have triggered a $5 gift card for me. But somehow, I didn’t get one.
So, I hopped on the chat, and about 5 minutes later, they sent an electronic Target gift card to my email.
I figure that’s $1/minute, so it was worth my time to reach out.
2. I got Sonia a free fountain drink
My 7-11 app sent me a free fountain drink deal and while I’m not much for fizzy drinks, Sonia definitely is!
So while we were out doing driving practice, we popped by to redeem the freebie.
3. I used a free shipping code at CBD
(that’s Christian Book distributors! They have great prices on homeschool books, and they have plenty of non-religious homeschool books; I was ordering Wordly Wise and Easy Grammar.)
I was just a few cents under the minimum for free shipping with the code, so I found one more book to add to the cart.
I’d always rather buy an extra item if it bumps me up to free shipping. A $5.99 book > $5.99 shipping!
4. I used $40 of Old Navy vouchers
I don’t carry a lot of specialty credit cards, but I do like my Gap/Old Navy Visa.
Sometimes they send out special offers to encourage the use of the card (like, “Spend $300 outside our brands and get a $35 voucher”).
So, I used it to pay for Sonia’s driver’s ed class earlier this summer. And when Zoe needed to place an order yesterday, I had $40 in Old Navy credit to use.
Zoe’s choices were slightly under $40, so I added one more pair of these super comfy shorts to bring our order total up to $40.
- used my Target Redcard debit card for 5% off
- bought a used textbook for one of Sonia’s college classes
- bought some used schoolbooks for S&Z’s homeschooling
- listed another old schoolbook for sale on eBay