Two photos this week, since my groceries were hard to arrange in one pile.
The first is mostly protein (not counting the frozen fruit!):
And here’s the rest of my stuff.
Because I know you’ll wonder, I should explain that I bought all that yogurt because I like to include yogurt in my husband’s lunches sometimes, and I still haven’t managed to figure out how to make homemade cherry yogurt. I’m working on it, but my attempts so far have been less than satisfactory. And I bought 24 of the cups because by doing that, I got $3 off in addition to receiving the sale price.
Rest assured, though, that the rest of us will be eating homemade yogurt. I did let all the kids have one cup of the Yoplait yogurt when we came home from shopping, though, and they were very tickled to have such a treat.
I spent $66.65 at Aldi and $31.73 at Weis for a total of $98.38. Yikes. That means I’m exactly $18.38 over budget. To get back on track, I’d have to spend only about $60 next week. I’m not sure I’ll be able to swing that, but I’m going to try!
- A family friend got married today…I played for the wedding, and we all attended, so we ate at the reception. Yay for no cooking! It’s always sort of hard to come up with dinner after I play for a wedding, so this was nice.
- Buttermilk Waffles
- some sort of melon
- Turkey Sandwiches with Herb Mayo
- Fruit Salad
- raw carrots and cucumbers
- Broiled Tilapia
- Potato Cubes
- Green Salad
- BBQ Chicken Pieces
- Grilled Veggies
- Cheese Bagels
- Grilled Chicken/Roasted Red Pepper sandwiches
- not sure on the sides yet-will depend on next week’s sales
- Grilled Pizza
- Green Salad