1. I cleaned up the leaves in my yard
I know this is not a typical January activity.
But in the fall, I was way, way too busy with chemistry and microbiology to even think about any yard maintenance. So, my leaves just sat there.
Yesterday, though, I borrowed my neighbor’s leaf blower and lawn tractor, and I cleaned up my yard pretty thoroughly.
My yard’s cleanliness and my own cleanliness were inversely correlated; here’s what the inside of my shoes looked like.
And my socks looked pretty bad too.
But at least this was way cheaper than hiring a company to clean my leaves…I have a half acre lot here with lots of trees, so it wouldn’t have been cheap.
2. I helped Zoe mend two of her hoodies
One was a well-weathered comfy hoodie that was coming apart at the sleeve cuffs, and the other hoodie had a couple of seams that had come apart.
If a garment is going to get a hole, I am always so happy when it happens to be on the seam. That’s so easy to fix!
3. I bought ice cream novelties on clearance
The other night Lisey said, “Mom, I think we need some more fun little ice cream treats.”
This is a sentiment I can always get behind.
So when I stopped at Safeway for some other things, I looked at their ice cream novelty case and I noticed that a bunch of items were on clearance! I bought something like 6 boxes of fun little ice cream treats, and we are all happy about that.
I am once again so happy I have my new little chest freezer; it makes it such an easy decision to do things like buy six boxes of ice cream novelties. 🙂
4. I used the heels of the bread to make a grilled cheese sandwich
As long as you turn them so the cut side is out, they make a not-perfect-but-still-respectable sandwich.
- sold two book on eBay and used saved packing materials to ship them
- got some free binders for school from a Facebook free group
- got more free hamster bedding for Zoe from a Facebook free group