On Sunday night, I had a clean-up-the-papers* session, and I discovered I had a few coupons that I needed to use up.
*it was also a dump-out-the-purse session. I hadn’t done that since at least December and it was getting pretty clogged in there. Ha.
1. I got three free Einstein bagels
I found a receipt in my purse that had a survey on it, with a three-bagel reward promised. So, I filled it out and got my reward code.
You did have to make a purchase to get the bagels, so I bought a single bagel and then got the other three free.
2. I got a free Bath and Body Works shower gel
They send me coupons for freebies every now and then, so I popped in and got a shower gel, which I promptly gave to Sonia.
Bath and Body Works items bring my girls more joy than they do me, so I almost always pass my freebies on to them.
3. I got two pairs of socks for $2
DSW had sent me a $5/any purchase coupon, and I needed some invisible socks to wear with my black flats anyway, so I stopped in, found a two-pack for $6.99, and used my $5 coupon.
4. I triple-dipped at Target
I wanted to get a pack of Crest tooth-whitening strips (remember when reader Jodie, a cosmetic dentist, recommended those as the best ones?), so I placed a store pickup order for a pack with Target.
I got a $5 discount for placing the order, a $5 Target gift card added to my account after the purchase, and I had a store credit gift card (from what? I HAVE NO IDEA. It’s been in my wallet for a while!!) to use as well.
5. I did some serious trip-batching
Gas is so expensive right now, I am trying extra hard to reduce my driving miles.
In conjunction with taking Zoe to her class I also went to:
- the post office (to ship two packages)
- the UPS store (to do two returns)
- the library (to drop off two books)
- Einstein (for my free bagels)
- Target (for my whitening strips)
- DSW (for my almost-free socks)
- Bath and Body Works (for my free shower gel)
- Lidl (for some cheap produce)
And I managed to do all of this without driving out of my way by more than a mile or two total. Yay!