A picture filled version with more text is here.
1 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
5 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon salt
2 packages(4 1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
4 1/4-4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Combine milk, sugar, butter, and salt in glass measuring cup or bowl. Microwave(or heat on stovetop) until the butter is melted and the mixture reaches 120-125 degrees.
2. Combine yeast and 2 cups flour in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add warm milk mixture and eggs and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of flour and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes. Mix in as much of the remaining flour as you can by hand.
3. Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a tea towel, and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
4. Punch dough down, divide in half, and follow instructions below to shape the rolls.
Cloverleaves: Grease a 12 cup muffin pan. Take half of the dough and divide it into 12 pieces. Cut each of these pieces in three(you will have 36 pieces). Roll each piece into a neat ball, and place three into each muffin cup.
Knots Grease a large cookie sheet. Take half of the dough and divide it into twelve pieces. Roll each into a 6 inch strip and tie into a loose knot. Place on greased cookie sheet.’
Rosettes Follow instructions for knots, but after tying the knot, tuck one end into the middle of the knot and one end underneath the knot to form a rosette shape.
5. Cover rolls and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool on wire rack.