On Saturdays, I share my menu plan for the upcoming week along with a photo of my groceries and a tally of my spending. My goal is to spend $100/week for our food, toiletries, and cleaning products. I’m currently in the midst of trying to buy more local, sustainably-produced food while sticking to my budget. Can it be done? I don’t know, but I’m going to try, and I’ll share what I learn as I go along.
This is an off-week for grocery shopping (yay!) so I just need to share a menu today.
I have to say, I am so pleased that I decided to start grocery shopping every two weeks. It’s saving me a lot of time and stress, and I’m always happy when I find something that accomplishes those two things.
- French Toast
- sausage from the farm
- Bacon and Cheese Quesadillas (that’s what’s in the picture above)
- chips and salsa
- Sloppy Joes on buns (made with beef from the farm)
- green salad
- Stuffed Shells (I just use the recipe on the back of the box)
- french bread
- some sort of veggie…not sure what yet!
- We’re using some gift cards from our credit card rewards and are eating out for free. Woohoo!
- Date night
And now I’m off to go make a snack for the women’s prayer meeting which is at my house this morning. Have a lovely Saturday!
Today’s 365 post: Look what I found!
Joshua’s 365 post: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins