I spent $66.96 at Aldi and $26.11 at Weis, which means I spent $93.07 total. Considering that this shopping trip included a fair amount of Christmas candy purchasing, I’m really happy with that (the Christmas candy is not shown in the photo, naturally!).
I know I bought several boxes of cereal last week, but this week miniwheats were on sale 4 for $6 and I had $2 in coupons, which means I got four boxes for $4. I hate to pass up a deal like that, and since cereal keeps just fine, I got four boxes. So, I now have a stash of miniwheats and Chex…yay!
If you remember from last week, I had $55 extra in my grocery envelope, and since I was under budget again this week, I have another $7 to add to that. So, as of now, $62 will be going to Living Water at the end of the month. That will provide water for 62 people for an entire year, which is very exciting.
Anyhow, here’s what we’re eating this Christmas week:
- Thin-Crust Pizza
- cream soda
- green salad
- My husband and I have a date night planned (last week’s didn’t work out), so I don’t have to cook! Very happy about that.
Tuesday (this meal got bumped from last week)
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Spinach Salad
- Beef and Mushroom Panini sandwiches (made with my “special” panini press, of course!)
- fruit salad
- Cream of Crab Soup
- French bread
- green salad
- maybe a special dessert, if I have time
- Ham (provided by my mother-in-law)
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Dinner Rolls
- Jello (provided by my grandmother-in-law
- a vegetable of some sort (exactly what is still up for debate!)
- pies for dessert (probably provided by my sister-in-law)