Here’s the produce I bought at Weis and Aldi.
And here’s the stuff I bought at the farmer’s market. There were five peaches, but we ate two of them before I got a chance to take a picture.
This is all my non-produce stuff. Because I know someone will notice, yes, I did indeed buy a loaf of bread and some hamburger buns. Between the heat and a busy week, I really did not feel like making my own this time. I promise I have not fallen off the baking bandwagon entirely, though. I did a make deep dish pizza last night!
I also got 7 more pounds of blueberries, which cost me $10. They’re not picture because, um, we ate all of them already.
I spent $41.83 at Aldi and $31.59 at Weis. Lastly, I spent $5 at the farmer’s market for the peaches and corn.
That all adds up to $88.42, which is $11.58 under my $100 budget. I’m just going to hang on to that money because I need to buy some vanilla and hand soap at Costco soon, and this way those purchases won’t put me over budget.
These are the upcoming eats at our house.
- The husband and I are going out to eat all by ourselves! Yay for a date night. I don’t know where we’re going, but I get a night off from cooking and some kid-free time with my husband, and that’s really all that matters. The kids will be home eating $.35/box macaroni and cheese from Aldi, plus some watermelon and raw veggies.
- French Toast
- Mexican Chicken Sandwiches
- Fruit Salad
- Spicy Sauteed Tilapia
- Mediterranean Vegetable Salad
- whatever bread needs using up by then!
- Turkey, Basil, and Bacon club sandwiches
- Balsamic Vegetable Salad
- Grilled Chicken, Shrimp, and Vegetable Fajitas
- Fruit Salad
- Grilled Pizza
- Root Beer
- Green Salad
To finish things off, here’s Zoe taking her own photos of my groceries, using her trusty princess camera. It doesn’t actually take pictures, but that bothers her not a bit.