Get a free phone from Ting, grads!

by Kristen on June 27, 2014 · 14 comments

in Deal Alerts

Hey there, readers!

Food Waste Friday is over at Simply Being Mum today, so I’m just popping in quickly to let you know about a really great promotion from Ting Wireless.

(Ting is the wireless company that Mr. FG and I use, and our bill for two iPhones is usually $21 a month.  Total. )

Right now, Ting is offering a free $83 refurb Optimus Elite phone to anyone who graduated this year.  Buy it, activate it, and they’ll credit the $83 back to you!

grad free phone from Ting

This offer is only good until July 14th or while supplies last, so if you’ve got a grad and you’d like to snag a free phone, do it promptly!

1. Visit Ting Wireless.

2. Click on “shop”, and under brand, select “LG”.  You should see the Optimus Elite for $83.

3. Buy it.

4. When the phone arrives, activate it, and then go here to submit proof of graduation to receive the credit.

(Maybe bookmark this post so you can easily find it once you get the phone!)

Mr. FG and I dearly love Ting, and I hope this grad offer is helpful to some of you.  Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Disclosure: Mr. FG and I signed up with Ting of our own accord, and after I blogged about how great their service was, Ting invited me to be an affiliate.  So now at no extra cost to you, I get a kickback when someone signs up with Ting through links on my blog.

1 Deb @ Saving the Crumbs June 27, 2014 at 8:11 am

How’s your coverage? Sprint coverage isn’t that great where we live, that’s why we’ve never really considered Ting. But we’re thinking of switching over to the Cricket Prepaid family plan. With 5 phones (joining forces with relatives), we get unlimited everything, no contract, and it’s supposed to average $22/phone/month. Does anyone have experience with this plan?

2 Kristen June 27, 2014 at 12:28 pm

It’s great in my area, but I know that’s not true everywhere.

3 Jo@simplybeingmum June 27, 2014 at 8:39 am

Looks great Kristen!
Think you may have beat me up online today! The FWF post is now up, but having technical issues with my DSLR uploads! Arrgggh!

Feel better now go that off my chest ;)

4 Amanda June 27, 2014 at 10:39 am

I finally switched over to ting a couple weeks ago on your recommendation. I was shocked at how great customer service was. I love the simple, cheaper charging structure. I have actually had better coverage than at&t even out in the country. I can’t believe the major carriers let ting exist! Thank you so much for turning me on to them.

5 Sandra June 27, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Hi,
Does the $21 per month include the $6 per phone charge per month? We did check out Ting but didn’t want to pay $12 per month just for the phones. We are now leaning towards Republic as I am told they don’t have a per phone charge. Thanks again for all the great info!

6 Kristen June 27, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Yep, that includes the $6 per phone monthly charge. :)

7 Sandra June 27, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Thanks so much for the quick answer! I guess that we have to let them duke it out between Republic and Ting. It’s a tough one as I think Republic has unlimited minutes if you use it in a place that has free Wi-Fi. Choices,choices..hmmm. ;-)

8 Kristen June 27, 2014 at 2:08 pm

I think Republic might be a better choice if you know you’re going to be using lots of minutes and data. But if you’re a minimalist user like me, then you’ll have a lower bill with Ting than with Republic.

9 Carla June 27, 2014 at 7:32 pm

My husband, brother, and sister-in-law all love their Republic phones. My husband has the $25 plan, and has unlimited 3G data. It is great, because while he mostly has wifi available, he doesn’t have to worry when it isn’t.

10 Sandra June 27, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Thanks so much for the additional info. Does you $21 per month include surcharges? I checked the Ting website and the lowest tier is $21 with 2 phones but then it states that there are additional surcharges added to the $21- ugh.

11 Kristen June 27, 2014 at 3:24 pm

The only surcharges Ting adds are the federal and state taxes that are required by law (and will obviously vary depending on the state where you reside). So, it’s nothing that Ting is actually adding…it’s just stuff that the government makes them charge you. :)

You have to pay those taxes regardless of the provider you use, unfortunately.

12 Sandra June 27, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I appreciate your answers to all of my pesky questions!;-)

13 Kristen June 27, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Oh, it’s no problem! I’m happy to help.

14 Amanda June 28, 2014 at 7:09 am

Can you keep a current phone number if you switch over?