Saving on Hair Care, plus the Aldi winner

by Kristen on November 26, 2013 · 6 comments

in Deal Alerts

IMG_6064

I don’t spend much on caring for my hair.

I get it cut about twice a year (I do my own bang trimming in between haircuts.)

I straighten my whole head of hair only about once a week (for church!), and I blow dry it way less often than that.

(Though I do religiously straighten my bangs every day. It’s a little scary if I don’t.)

I wash my hair every other day.

I use cheap shampoo.

Like, the $0.89/bottle kind.

I have never, ever been able to get down with the $0.89 bottles of conditioner, though.

Click here to finish reading this post and to snag a discount on my favorite conditioner.

(If you were only interested in the Aldi winner, I don’t want to make you click where you don’t want to…so, I’ll tell you that Annette T. was the lucky duck.)

1 Carol November 26, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Very frugal and chic. Chicly (is that a word?) living on less!

2 Lori December 13, 2013 at 5:05 am

What about hair dye I have short and struggling for money so when I dye my hair I use half of it and save rest for next month, I dye my hair red they are not cheap these days.

3 Kristen December 13, 2013 at 5:50 am

Oh, I’m not a good one to give advice on that! I do know people use coupons and drugstore sales to get their dye cheaper, though.

4 Lori December 14, 2013 at 5:22 am

Oh k I have short hair I only live on $20 NZ dollars after all my bills go out getting hair cut is not cheap.

5 Kristen December 14, 2013 at 9:29 am

Have you considered a longer hairstyle? Longer styles are SO much cheaper because you don’t have to get your hair cut very often.

6 Lori December 15, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Um… I was told by an exboyfriend that I should think about letting it grow I have had hair long in one of my modelling pictures and heaps of people find that attractive with the hair colour. I don’t if I can send you a picture to give you an idea of what I mean can you let me know if I can send a picture. In New Zealand everything is expensive and we don’t have coupons :(