My Christmas…

by Kristen on December 28, 2012 · 23 comments

in Christmas

…was full of babies,

and small people,

(it’s a good thing my niece got a vacuum for Christmas, because these get-togethers are always so messy. ;) )

candles,

present-opening at other people’s houses,

and at our own,

cinnamon rolls,

a fancier table than usual,

(my poor neglected china doesn’t see the light of day very often)

yummy, not-traditional Christmas food,

and a serious session of silly-face-making during dinner.

I hope your celebration was delightful too. :)

(Details about some of the presents we bought for the kids will be in a forthcoming post. I just didn’t want to make this one too long!)

______________________________

Joshua’s 365 post: I do this every year…

1 Victoria December 28, 2012 at 7:18 am

Looks like you had a great Christmas. My family enjoys the sparkling grape juice too! The kids get a kick out of drinking it in fancy glasses while wearing their paper crowns from their Christmas crackers.

2 Amy December 28, 2012 at 7:58 am

Sounds lovely! Ours was also full of children, delicious food, a toy vacuum, and good times! Thank you for sharing!

3 Sharon December 28, 2012 at 8:17 am

Great pics, Kristen. I so miss little kids at Christmas! It’s quiet when your youngest is almost 16. :)!

4 Ruth December 28, 2012 at 8:49 am

You have to at least tell us what Joshua was SO excited about :)

5 Kristen December 28, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Oh, that was his waterproof camera cover. I’ll tell you a little more about it in a future post! And I’m sure you’ll see underwater photos on his blog too.

6 Cassie December 28, 2012 at 9:42 am

Wow, that last picture of Lisey looks just like you! Looks like a fun Christmas was had by all! :)

7 Kristen December 28, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Gee, I’m so complimented by that, I just don’t know what to say. ;)

8 Tina Ray December 28, 2012 at 10:24 am

It looks like everyone had a great time! Happy Holidays Kristen to you and yours.

I like your china. Mine doesn’t get to see much use but I did buy a pretty hutch last year around Christmas to display it all year. Thanksgiving and East are usually when they get to come out and visit. I bought the set from Salvation Army. I waited patiently for a month because they mark it down by 50%. I went in so the 92 piece set was now $45. I offered $35 and she turned me down and I turned around to walk away and she relented! I was being very frugal and tough. Just a little frugal story to enlighten your day.

9 Tina Ray December 28, 2012 at 10:24 am

Easter*

10 Tina Ray December 28, 2012 at 10:26 am

Oh and the hutch was a Craigslist find. There isn’t much “new” stuff in my house. That would not be near as much fun as treasure hunting!

11 Amanda December 28, 2012 at 10:46 am

Your kids are so good looking!

12 Jill December 28, 2012 at 10:55 am

I like your china! I try to use our wedding china more than two or three times a year. Sometimes it is fun to celebrate birthdays or other special ocassions with china.

13 Becky December 28, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Looks like you had a lovely celebration together! And your four Little Ones, Kristen, are suddenly looking … well, not so little anymore!

Did Joshua fold the origami tree? That looks like such a fun project :-)

14 Kristen December 28, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Lisey actually folded that. Isn’t it cute?

And yeah, I know…my little crew is getting to be awfully big these days.

15 Reese December 28, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I did a double-take when you posted the photo of Zoe up, Kristen. She looks SO mature and SO big. They’re growing up so fast!

16 Battra92 December 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I really want to put a caption on that picture of Joshua holding up his glass but I can’t think of anything clever enough. Also, I can see he is getting good at avoiding sister-hugs. :-P

17 EngineerMom December 28, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I’d love to see instructions on how to make that origami Christmas tree!

18 Allotment Adventures With Jean December 28, 2012 at 3:50 pm

A lovely post. You have a beautiful family. I couldn’t believe it when I saw your lovely china. My friend has a set just like it. She keeps it in the cabinet, but it comes out on special occasions.

19 Kris December 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm

We have the same china pattern! What excellent taste you have. ;)

Ours also doesn’t see the light of day very often but we did pull it out for Christmas. It’s important to try to civilize my children every so often.

20 Jenn December 29, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I just came here to post that I have the same china as well! Although mine was a hand-me-down family gift after my grandma passed away. I love it nonetheless! Many memories have been had over that set and many more to come!

21 Franci December 28, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Your celebrations look delightful!

Interestingly, strawberries *are* a traditional Christmas food here in New Zealand, with it being summer and all. :-)

22 Kim December 29, 2012 at 12:53 pm

What a lovely set of photos xx

Looks like a great christmas was had by all xx

23 Katie March 21, 2013 at 3:30 pm

OMG! You and I have the same China pattern! I received mine for Christmas in 1998….