I’ll share more Christmas photos soon…

by Kristen on December 27, 2012 · 7 comments

in Uncategorized

…but for now, I’d just like to say that I am super-duper jazzed about my new cutting board from Mr. FG.

I’m excited about using it for, you know, cutting, but I’m equally as excited to use it as a photo prop.

See, my counters don’t make a good backdrop and neither does my kitchen floor. My table would work, but there’s not usually good light there. The cutting board is totally portable and beautiful, though, so I can put it wherever there’s nice light.

Yay!!!

You’ll probably be seeing a lot of this present of mine. ;)

P.S. Since some of you are probably wondering, it’s the John Boos Chop-N-Slice 20-by-15-Inch Maple Cutting Board, which comes recommended by Cook’s Illustrated.

P.P.S. And the rolls in the photo are Overnight Cinnamon Rolls.)

1 michelle d December 27, 2012 at 9:00 am

Lovely. The overnight cinnamon rolls are my new tradition. I put half in an 8×8 tray for my family and I make another tray for my neighbors. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

2 kris December 27, 2012 at 9:06 am

Very nice! My carpenter husband has made me 3 huge granite cutting boards and I love them all. Enjoy :)

3 Battra92 December 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

Awesome cutting board! I’d love to have a John Boo’s board but for now I’ll be content with my Lí„MPLIG from Ikea (which I stand cases of soda on every now and again to fix the warping) Still, for $10, I can’t complain. It’s makes a great spot for kneading bread dough!

For a carving board my wife won a nice J. K. Adams carving board as part of the door prize when we went to the King Arthur Flour store opening. It’s great and made up in Dorset, VT IIRC. I much prefer to buy things made locally (or at least made here in the States.)

Enjoy the board!

4 Amy December 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

Your overnight cinnamon rolls have become a Christmas tradition. This year I got up early to make them instead of making them late Christmas Eve and refrigerating them. I cheat a bit and make 12 huge rolls in a 9×13 pan, and my inlaws request them every year!

5 Carolyn December 27, 2012 at 9:57 am

Next year I’m using this recipe! Thank you! And on another note, I spent a good bit of time perusing your blogs about photography yesterday, and I’m getting ready to order the 5o mm 1.4 lens with the Amazon gift cards I got for Christmas. You have really inspired me to develop my photography skills! Thank you for your generous, cheerful blog!

6 Reese December 27, 2012 at 10:54 am

At my house, my hubs makes me guess what I the present is before I unwrap it. This year, he wrapped everything in a separate box..so I had no clue for the most part (I got 1 right).

I giggled thinking of YOU doing this. Mr. FG hands you a heavy flat item. You shake it and go, “Um… this feels like a plank of wood.” And then presto! A cutting board ;)

Anywho, what a great gift from Mr. FG and I look forward to seeing your Christmas photos! That’s one of my favorite posts :)

7 Emily December 31, 2012 at 9:01 am

I got a new cutting board, too! Sort of…one of those flexible plastic ones. It’s pretty; from my mom…