21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

by Kristen on October 23, 2012 · 13 comments

in Book Reviews

Tuesday is usually a quiet day here, but I wanted to pop in really quickly to tell you that Money Saving Mom’s new ebook is out today, and for a limited time, you can download it for only $0.99!

As you know if you read her blog, Crystal is pretty darn good at getting things done, so if you want to know her secrets, you’ll want to read this book.

The book is laid out in 21 sections so that you can take on this getting-disciplined task in manageable chunks. Each chapter is an easy read and at the end, there are some simple tasks. Nothing is terribly time-consuming, so don’t be skeered.

One thing I especially liked as I read through this book is that Crystal encourages slow change. All too often we go way overboard when we try to develop new habits, deciding to rid our lives of every single bad habit at once! But as you probably know from experience, implementing a ton of changes all at once isn’t sustainable in the long term.

This book’s tone is encouraging without being annoyingly perky. And though some ebooks out there are formatted pretty poorly, don’t fit on my screen properly, and could sorely use some graphics, this is not one of those…it’s sleek-looking, the type is very easy to read, the pages are formatted perfectly, and the graphics provide just enough visual interest without being distracting.

(I apologize if that was more detail than you wanted…those visual things are just really important to me in an ebook!)

I’m fairly disciplined about a number of things in my life, but of course, there are some areas that could use some shaping up. So, although I’ve quickly read through this ebook in a sitting, I’m going to start at the beginning, take it a day at a time and actually do the daily recommended tasks.

(Having already read the book, I know this means I’m going to have to go out and buy a portable timer, which is something I’ve been thinking about buying for a while.)

You can buy 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life for just $0.99 through Thursday, October 26th. After that, the price will go up to $4.99, so go get your copy now! You can get yourself all disciplined-up right along with me. ;)

You do NOT need an e-reader for this book…you can read the PDF file right on your regular computer, so all of you that don’t own Kindles or Nooks should be in good shape. ;)

Joshua’s 365 post: The Geekiest Pumpkin Ever!

Disclosure

1 Jo@simplybeingmum October 23, 2012 at 9:16 am

I’m with Crystal – slow and steady wins the race every time. There are no quick fixes in life – there are just fixes sold to us by marketers (That’s my trained profession so I can say that :-)) . Most of them don’t work, hence we then need another quick fix (The diet industry- need I say more?)
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” Confucius
(I’ve repeated this quote quite a few times of late as I teach myself to knit!)

2 Kristen October 23, 2012 at 9:44 am

Ooh, I REALLY like that quote!

3 Deborah C. Williams October 23, 2012 at 9:36 am

Dont buy a timer if you have a cell phone I use mine all the time when I am baking. I set it put it in my pocket and go hang out laundry or do other chores.

4 Kristen October 23, 2012 at 9:42 am

My cell phone is so old and not-fancy, I don’t even think it has a timer! It does receive calls, though. ;)

5 Deborah C. Williams October 24, 2012 at 8:35 am

I have a cheap prepaid phone and it has a stopwatch and alarmclock which I use a lot.

6 Becky October 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

This is oh so timely for me! I’m in the midst of taking a long, hard look at my schedule and how efficient I am; I already know that I’m not always the most disciplined of people, so I’m excited to read this, and see what I can glean from it.
Thanks for the recommendation, Kristen!

7 Jenny October 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Thank you for recommending this ebook. It isn’t necessarily what I would have sought out on my own, but is just what I need right now! I’ve been feeling and observing the ill effects of a recent lack of discipline and am looking forward to making steady progress toward change!

8 Thrifty Mom in Boise October 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Sounds like a great read. I may have to check it out.

9 Anna October 24, 2012 at 11:30 am

How helpful do you think this would be for a single, working adult, rather than a mom?

10 Kristen October 24, 2012 at 11:46 am

I think it would definitely be applicable to people other than moms-the daily tasks aren’t at all mom-centric!

11 Lisa October 25, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Great price. Goes with my frugal lifestyle :)

12 Kristen October 25, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Isn’t that the truth??

13 Liz November 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Do you think you would be able to share some of the experiences, like “testing” the tasks as they apply in your own life? I’d love to hear about others’ experiences with trying to re-focus on discipline and productivity. It’s on my own list at the moment!