Grocery Spending/Menu Plan (with multiple photographers!)

by Kristen on January 16, 2010 · 10 comments

in Grocery Reports, Menu Plans

I had a little help this week with the job of photographing the groceries.

Lisey has a real camera, while Sonia has a toy one.

Zoe prefers to shoot using a pair of binoculars (backwards). “Mommy, is dis a camra?”, she asked.

I said, “No, but you can certainly use it as one.”

And so she did.

Sonia is into taking closeups, apparently.

Oh, and I did remember to actually take a picture of the groceries. Here you go.

Joshua got his camera out at the last minute too, but somehow he escaped being caught on MY camera. ;)

I spent $33.25 at Weis, and $57.96 at Aldi, for a total of $91.21, almost $8 under budget.

Here’s what we’re eating for dinner this week:

Saturday

Sunday

• We’re having a potluck lunch at church, and then some snacky stuff for dinner

Monday

• Fajitas made with grilled chicken, shrimp, peppers, and onions
  • fruit salad

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

• Ham and Mushroom Panini sandwiches (bumped from last week)
  • fruit salad

Friday

• BBQ chicken pieces (using up some drumsticks from the freezer)
  • green salad
  • some kind of bread that I will decide upon later ;)

1 Annette January 16, 2010 at 8:41 am

Oh my gosh – they are adorable! I was just showing my 10-yr. old the pictures. I think we both want to take pictures of our groceries – you make it look so fun! I have such a long way to go though before I could post a $100 grocery expedition……I am not sure how you manage such a feat.

2 Rachel January 16, 2010 at 10:03 am

Great pictures, you have such photogenic children. My son is 2 1/2 and loves helping me in the kitchen, the binoculars thing is something he would do too.
Could you show your recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup please? Thanks for a great blog.

3 Kristen January 16, 2010 at 10:28 am

I’m actually trying a new recipe…if I end up liking it, I’ll post it in the future, though.

4 Mellisa January 16, 2010 at 12:11 pm

OH MY WORD!! They are cute!! I love how involved they are!! Were they always this involved and you just didn’t show it?

Fruits and Veggies Rock!!

5 Mary Carpenter January 16, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Your children are darling! Thank you for posting their pix with the groceries. My dh and I just loved it!
I like to make Oven Fried Chicken with my drumsticks, do you have a recipe? It’s the only way we eat fried chicken.

6 Nancy January 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm

hoping you post your panini sandwich method. would love to hear more about it.

7 andi January 18, 2010 at 9:48 am

You have beautiful children. Thanks for sharing.

8 Jen B. January 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Love the pics of the girls! Lisey looks SO much like you! Just adorable!

9 Christina Pritchard January 23, 2010 at 12:23 am

Dont you just love Aldi? I have one here in my hometown and that is where I do the majority of my shopping. I only make one stop at my local grocer for some fresh meat and we are good. I do have a question what do you guys do for lunch, leftovers? I see your posts about breakfast and dinner but I am kind of new to your blog and have not seen anything about lunch. Thanks!

Christina

10 Lisa O Shea March 9, 2010 at 7:59 pm

I just told my boyfriend that you have four kids and a husband to eed and you do it for $100 per week, he wouldnt believe me! Well done!I am going to try and be more frugal!We are having fun with yeast recently!